Tuesday, August 17, 2010

GetFit: Introduction

Summer is just around the corner and magazines are advertising every weightloss product/trick possible before they dare advise us what Swim Wear would be appropriate for our varying body shapes.

Ive never cared about summer. Usually I go into denial when summer hits us. I hybernate, im not social at all, I still wear long pants and jackets in the small hope of tricking my body into thinking its cold... The last time I owned (and wore) a swim suit I would have been about 10 years old!!! I did briefly own (and wear under multiple layers of clothes) a bikini in the summer of 06' but that was only because I was dating a surfer and wanted him to believe I could, you know, care...

But, as this winter leaves us I have decided that hybernating is not an option! I want to wear shorts without feeling self concious about the little fat packs on my knees or wear singlets and not worry about my tuck-shop arms; but most of all, I want to confidently strut out in a bathing suit.

While confessing this to a dear friend of mine she revealed that she too wanted to tone up for summer and together we decided that for 4 days of the week we are going to work our little booties into the summer bodies we want and love.

Monday is day one and this week (at some point) we are going to make a little excersise plan... I personally am going to be using the 'Beep Test' as an indicator for my fitness levels while my friend is yet to decide her test or even if she will have one (she, oh smart one, refuses to do the beep test!)

Im hoping to keep a little diary uploaded of our little GetFit adventure and hope you will be able to laugh at our mishaps, encourage our down moments and offer any advise to help us reach our goals.

SO, follow myself and my friend, Random Logic* (who's meaningful yet funny blog you can read here) in our journey to summer!!!

Love Always
Poppit
xo

*Evidently not her real name... Although, in this day and age it would be considered hip!

No comments:

Post a Comment