Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Commonwealth Bank

We live in such a negative society and it really grinds my gears. As a generally positive person I believe that complimenting someone on a job well done is just as important as notifying them when they have done badly.

Last Friday I had my purse stolen, which was devastating. The first thing I did was call my bank to cancel all my cards. I was put through to a wonderful girl name Maricel. She was so overwhelmingly sweet and kind and calm with me that by then end of the phone call I wanted her to be my best friend. She related to me, she laughed with me and she generally made my banking experience enjoyable.

As soon as I hung the phone up I remembered how little people in Customer Service receive compliments, so I promptly hopped onto the Commonwealth Banks website and filled in a 'Compliment' form.

Today I received feedback that she and her manager had been notified and I couldn't have felt better. I hoped that she was aptly rewarded for her exceptional skill...

I have a simple rule: Compliment someone when they do something out of their way. Complain if they do something VERY wrong... If you don't compliment people, you don't have the right to complain about people.

See, simple. Its all about give and take!

Thanks Commonwealth Bank for your ALWAYS exceptional service.
Poppit
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment